DLG, is an international non-profit organisation for agricultural industry in Germany. DLG was founded in 1885 by Max Eyth, has over 27,500 members.
Its main purpose is to promote technical progress and scientific advances in the food and agricultural industry, including setting standards.
The main activities of DLG are:
- Arrangement of seminars and other educational activities for its members
Advise to members
- Publication of books and magazines related to the food and agriculture industry
- Testing of food and beverage products, including wine, which may qualify for a "DLG Award" which can then be displayed on the product.
- Testing of agricultural machinery
- Participation in international trade fairs e.g. AGRITECHNICA