We present a »smart production environment« to showcase digitally connected production in practice. Using a robotic product processing system, the exhibit reveals how new digital solutions apply integrated device and process assistants for a quicker setting-up of production tasks. With digital assistants and a new type of human-technology interaction, traditional manufacturing is re-envisioned and robots are included more efficiently in production processes.
We present a specific scenario to show how digital transformations can succeed. The core of the smart production environment is a robotic system that combines the innovative technologies:
- gesture-controlled robot programming,
- digital assistant systems for machine and process,
- simulation and synchronization via digital twins,
- in-factory visualization of information via augmented
- reality as well as
- sensor technology and edge-based state monitoring
as comprehensive and consistent support for production operations.