The decree that officially brought the Lodz University of Technology into being was signed on 24 May 1945. The university's first faculties were Mechanical Engineering with Textile Engineering Unit, Electrical Engineering and Chemistry. 525 enrolees were admitted to the first year of studies, 458 students continued their further years of studies. The university had 33 departments with 33 professors, 15 senior lecturers and 53 assistant professors.
The university developed dynamically. The buildings of Rosenblatt factory were quickly adapted. With every year the premises of the university were improving, the number of students and academics was increasing, and the tasks of the university were more and more challenging.