TNO is an independent innovation organisation. TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that sustainably boost the competitive strength of industry and the welfare of society. This is what drives the 2.800 professionals at TNO, in their work every day.
TNO believes in the joint creation of economic and social value. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. TNO develops knowledge not for its own sake, but for practical application. TNO works in collaboration with partners and focuses on five transitions that have been identified together with stakeholders:
- Industry: from economic stagnation to growth in high-technology industry
- Healthy living: from illness and treatment to health and behaviour
- Defence, safety & security: from a wide range of threats to controllable risks
- Urbanisation: from urbanisation bottlenecks to urban vitality
- Energy: from conventional sources to sustainable energy systems.