Borit supports customers starting from the early design stage through an extensive material and coating knowledge, with state of the art testing and characterization equipment and with a profound knowledge of flow fields. Simulation possibilities, as well as a pragmatic development approach allow our customers to come to an optimal design within a few iterations.
Bipolar plates and interconnectors produced with the innovative Borit Hydrogate technology offer distinctive advantages compared to plates produced with more conventional manufacturing processes:
Design & operational flexibility
- Fast prototyping for an optimal design process
- High & equal degree of deformation, resulting in deep & narrow flow channel structures
- Forming of all relevant metal-alloys for fuel cells possible: stainless steel, titanium, Ni-based alloys, etc.
- Wide range of sheet thicknesses, typically 0.075 to 0.5 mm
- Controlled flow of material with outstanding sheet flatness after forming
- Superb dimensional accuracy & repeatability
- Limited die cost
- Efficient production process, because of continuous production method and short cycle times.
- Finishing (cutting, coating, welding) done in-house or at trusted partners