EMC Cable Gland with 2 contacting methods - Method 1
1. Screw in the complete cable gland
(5 parts) into the intended housing without
further tightening the compression nut.
2. Partially strip the outer cable sleeve
or trim to the desired length.
3. Feed cable into the cable gland until the
shielding snaps into the contact disk (5)
or the cable sheath contacts the disc.
4. Tighten compression nut (1) to the lower
gland part until the sealing insert forms
a small ridge between the compression
nut an the cable.
If needed, the skinned cable may be pulled
back through the contact disc. - Method 2
The Progress-EMV-RAPID can also
be mounted by extruding the contact disc
(5) without extending the shield.
1. Screw the lower part (4) of the cable
gland into the housing.
2. Push compression nut (1), sealing insert
(2) and contact bushing (3) over the cable.
3. Trim outer sheath of the cable to the
4. Trim braided shield or shielding foil to
the the approximate length of contact
5. Push contact bushing, sealing insert
and compression nut to the end of the
6. Place braided shield (6) or shielding foil
over the contact bushing and cut off the
protruding shielding material.
7. Feed cable through the already mounted
lower part of the cable gland.
8. Insert sealing insert and contact bushing
flush into the lower part.
9. Tighten compression nut to the lower part
until the sealing insert forms a small ridge
between the compression nut and the
cable. - Characteristics:
- quick installation of partially stripped cables
as well as thoroughly shielded cables
- easy and quick shield terminating
- 1 cable gland, 2 contacting methods