Special Formed Cold Drawn Steel Profiles
Cold drawn profile, is to manufacture complex engineering designs as steel pro_les with excellent precision.
Today, there are plenty of application examples of low and medium carbon steel, case-hardened
steel, bearing steel and stainless steel in automotive, machinery, weapons, agriculture and medical industries.
The advantages of cold-drawn steel are as follows;
- smooth surfaces
- precise edges
- equal tolerances in mass production
- while increasing yield strength, tensile strength and hardness, decrease the necessity for hardening.
- Increases machining efficiency and extends tool life
- Closer tolerances than other cold forming processes can be obtained, size tolerances of ± 0,1mm
can be obtained
- Reduces cost;
- Less waste
- Less labor cost
- less energy and
- faster and cheaper production in less time.
Cold drawn steel profiles, in many cases, continue to be the best solution for special engineering designs,
with their economical advantages.