For the successful commercialization of SOFC/SOEC systems the knowledge and technology transfer to industrial partners is an integral part of system engineering projects.
The expertise of Fraunhofer IKTS, a research and technology service provider in the field of high-temperature fuel cells and electrolysis (SOFC/SOEC and rSOC) spans the entire value chain from functional ceramic materials to compact key and process components such as stacks, affordable system concepts, prototyping and validation.
Proven SOFC/SOEC solutions are available for
- Micro-CHP systems, e.g. in small commercial applications or residential buildings
- Industrial CHP systems, e.g. in factories or hospitals
- Off-grid plants in rural areas, e.g. for powering telecom towers or irrigation systems
- Small-scale hydrogen generators
- Integrated power to gas or liquids (PtG/PtL) systems