HANNOVER MESSE 2019,
01 - 05 April
Belarusian State Technological Univers.
Electrocatalysts for fuel cells of direct oxidation of methanol and ethanol
- intended to be used as electrodes for low-temperature fuel cells of direct oxidation of methanol and ethanol; promising sources of current.
The electrocatalysts are to be applied in the alternative power industry.
- Electrocatalysts are obtained from metal (aluminium, titanium, tantalum) and carbon (carbon paper) carriers by method of vacuum ion-assisted deposition of active metals so that accelerated ions of the deposited metal are used to assist the deposition.
- Active layers of electrocatalysts are formed under vacuum during a single process which makes it advantageous compared to conventional techniques of catalysts production.
- The obtained layers are about 30-100 um thick and are characterized by strong adhesion, low content of catalytic metals and high activity during the oxidation of methanol and ethanol which is considerable higher than that of platinum electrodes.
- Electrocatalysts obtained by Pt and Sn+Pt deposition onto the diffusion layers made from AVCarb® Carbon Fiber Paper P50 together with Nafion® N 115 ion-exchange membrane enabled the formation of membrane-electrode fuel-cell units.
- technological effectiveness and environmental safety of the formation of nanosize electrocatalysts active layers;
- low consumption of platinum-group metals: platinum content in the offered electrocatalysts is about 0.01-0.03 mg/cm2, platinum content in analogue technologies being 0.5-5 mg/cm2.
Application: manufacture of semi-finished products (bands, strands) and moulded articles from thermo-plastic polymers, reinforced by continuous fibres.
- manufacturing of industrial and dental diamond tools; electroplating production (thick electrodeposited coatings)
- reverse and impulse ...
Electrochemical technology of electropolishing of goods from wrought aluminium alloys
- decorative finishing of surfaces; surface preparation of metal ...
- providing adhesion strength to frictional compositions and general mechanical rubber goods;
- preventing from carburization in cementation;
- ensuring ...