HELMUT FISCHER has been making X-Ray Fluorescence systems to measure coating thickness and perform material analysis for more than 21 years. Through the exact treatment of all relevant processes involving the physical principles of the XRF measurement method and the use of the latest hardware and software technology FISCHER's X-Ray instruments deliver features not found elsewhere.
The unique Software WinFTM® Version 6 (V.6) is the heart of these instruments. It enables the measurement of very complex coating systems, without calibration standards and with a predicted measurement accuracy, as well as the analysis of materials with up to 24 elements with WinFTM® Version 6.
Typical applications are:
- Single coatings of Zn, Ni,Cr, Cu, Ag, Au, Sn etc.
- Binary alloy coatings such as SnPb, ZnNi and NiP on Fe.
- Ternary alloy coatings such as AuCdCu on Ni.
- Double coatings such as Au/Ni on Cu, Cr/Ni on Cu, Au/Ag on Ni, Sn/Cu on brass, etc.
- Double coatings, where one layer is an alloy layer, such as Cr/Ni/Cu on plastic or iron.
- Multiple coatings with up to 24 layers (with WinFTM® V.6 only).
- Metallurgical alloys with up to 4 (or 24 - with V.6) constituent elements.
- Analysis of metal ion concentration in plating solutions.