FRANEO 800 was developed for testing the mechanical and electrical integrity of power transformers after transportation or exposure to high fault currents. It uses the SFRA principle (Sweep Frequency Response Analysis) and measures the electrical transfer function over a wide range of frequencies.
FRANEO 800 detects winding defects and faults in the magnetic core - thereby helping to improve transformer reliability, reduce maintenance costs and prevent expensive failures.
Testing of power transformers after:
- a short circuit event
- before and after transport
- occurrence of high transient fault currents
- a significant change in the monitored values (e.g. combustible gases) or a safety shutdown
- Wide dynamic measuring range (> 150 dB)
- Reproducible results thanks to innovative connection technique, based on IEC 6007618, Method 1
- Guided workflow for test set-up, execution and assessment for easy analysis without expert knowledge
- Fast measurement times due to intelligent sweep algorithm
- Small and light-weight equipment guarantees optimum usability