"Change is the only constant - This fits more than ever for today's electrical power grids.
How does the GDASys device family help?
- Measuring of frequencies below 50 Hz / 60 Hz with a resolution 5 mHz!
- Simultaneous measurement of damping, magnitude and duration of such oscillations
- Recognition of very slow drift processes for both voltage and frequency
- Typical phenomena (e.g. torsion modes) are pre-categorized to frequency classes
- Determination of a single parameter for evaluation of grid perturbations (Stability-exponent) in order to get a fast ONLINE overview
- Frequencies appearing in high voltage networks can be valued if they are of importance for the individual grid
What is the benefit achieved with these measurements?
- Time constants of generators can be determined by means of frequency measurements and can be used for optimization of regulators
- Frequencies with low damping can be detected instantaneous. Thereby a deliberate counter measure - e.g. stability enhancement - can be decided in order to avoid unpredictable grid problems
- The effect of the counter measure can be monitored at once (ONLINE-display)
- Selected grid experiments provide evidence about dynamic grid behaviors. Risky switching operations can be avoided for the future
- Permanent ONLINE-measurements enable the power system management a fast learning process to decide about appropriate and trained real-time counter measures