HYDRA 8 enables manufacturers to introduce a certain degree of transparency with the aid of the functions of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to improve efficiencies. HYDRA 8 can be used in all varieties of businesses, irrespective of their size and industry sector. The crucial factor is the application of the principles of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). These principles enable flexible customization of applications in order to exactly match the company's requirements.
HYDRA 8 provides a multitude of new functions in all fields of application for MES. The range of functions is big enough to cover all processes on the shop floor including all supporting processes, such as in quality management and human resources. The functions and performances required have changed over the past years, which is reflected in the new HYDRA 8 functions. The Tracking/Tracing functions, for example, enable manufacturing companies to trace back their products or batches. In addition to this, the new MES allows for effective Energy Management. It can also be used on smart phones. Consequently, users can monitor production processes and get information on the status of machines from wherever they are.
These are the central components of HYDRA 8 at a glance:
- Application Services: background processes for MES applications.
- MES Operation Center (MOC): modern graphical user interface that can be customized
- Acquisition & Information Panel (AIP): graphical user interface for data collection and presentation of information at machines and workplaces
- Enterprise Integration Services: interfaces by way of which HYDRA communicates, for example, with ERP or other higher-level systems
- Shop Floor Integration Services: Interfaces for the exchange of machine and process data between HYDRA and machines