The distance sensors within the Black-Line-series are optical measuring instruments working according to the triangulation principle. This technique ensures highest accuracies within µm the range.
These sensors are typically used for the contactless distance and thickness/width measurement. The sensor produces thereby a visible laser point on an object and the relative position of this laser point is evaluated by a high resolution CCD line camera.From this position along the CCD line, the distance is computed to the object.
The Black-Line Series permits an accuracy of up to 0,0008 mm depending on its measuring range. By the Black-Line, the range on natural surfaces amounts to max. 1100 mm. The sensors incorporate automatic regulation of the light intensity and thereby provide unsurpassed measuring characteristics.
The complete Black-Line Series is used, where the precision demands are lower than 1 mm, e.g. by thickness measurements or even quality controls:
- Measurement of length, width, height, level and -situation of objects and environments
- Positioning of machine parts
- Quality control of paper, steal or aluminum -coils
- Measurement of slab width and thickness
- Measuring of liquid level and solid materials
- Position of hot objects in furnaces
- Measurement and regulation of slack
- Contactless distance measuring
- Measuring area up to 700 mm
- Ranges up to 1100 mm
- Highest accuracy in the µm-area
- High measuring rate (up to 10 kHz)
- Synchronized thickness measuring with 2 sensors
- Digital and analogue interfaces
- Suitable for operating off almost all surfaces
- Rugged construction - IP65
- Simple installation in each installation position
- Median filter
- Optical filtering of ambient light
- Closed-loop control of light intensity