CmStick/CM, the newcomer to CodeMeter's hardware element family for secure key storage, comes in a futuristic design that is not just elegant, slim, and ultra-compact in size, but also the outcome of a totally new way of creating robust USB devices made to stand up to even demanding industrial environments.
This new dongle adds to a complete hardware product lineup that already i
cludes compact dongles without flash memory, standard-size dongles with flash memory, memory cards, and ASICs. The new CmStick/CM combines the security capabilities and additional features of all the above form factors in a sturdy metal housing that is fully integrated with the USB connector.
The main highlight features of CmStick/CM include:
- USB 3.1 interface, which comes in handy for heavy-weight data exchange between the flash memory and the computer the unit is plugged into
- High speed flash storage memory (initially 8 GB, larger capacities in development), based on 2 Bit Multi-Layer Cell (MLC) technology
- Infineon SLM97 smart card chip to fuel the full power of CodeMeter
- Hyperstone U9 flash controller and its patented hymap® firmware to meet the most stringent industrial requirements in terms of durability, reliability, and protection against data loss from memory in the event of power outages during writing
- An optional encrypted partition of the flash memory (CmSecureDisk) where software produced data or machine configuration data can be securely read and written after successful authentication via CodeMeter API
However, the greatest revolutionary concept that makes CmStick/CM stand out as the smallest dongle with flash memory in the world is its high-tech manufacturing technology called SiP (System in Package). The power of SiP technology lies in its ability to bring together many IC and package assembly and testing techniques to create highly integrated products with optimized cost, size, and performance.