The objectives of the Department are to achieve economic development in the emirate, regulate economic and commercial affairs, and work for development of the same in the interest of the country.
1. Proposing the economic and commercial policy of the emirate.
2. Optimizing exploitation of human resources and material capabilities.
3. Working out policies and procedures that contribute to the increase of economic growth rates, specify trends, priorities, and procedures that reinforce the competitive ability of Abu Dhabi emirate.
4. Specifying activity and service fields that can be utilized in order to make Abu Dhabi emirate a distinguished center at local, regional and global levels, and specify short and long -term priorities.
5. Creating investment climate that can attract national and foreign capitals.
6. Participating in working out local and federal rules to upgrade economic performance, achieve economic development, and improve investment climate.
7. Collecting and analyzing statistics, conducting studies, issuing periodicals, and making pre-feasibility studies on different projects.