OPDE SOLAR inverter series allow to control photovoltaic plants and to convert energy from the main into sinusoidal current with low harmonic content. High quality components and sophisticated control algorithms are designed to ensure high photovoltaic power plant outputs and system reliability. Advanced diagnostic functions support eventual anomalies and the modular design enables quick and easy component replacement. The solar inverter is realised in industrial cabinet solution. The system is galvanically insulated from the grid through a low voltage and frequency external three phase transformer.
The sizes available and certified according to Italian standards CEI021 and CEI016 are:
OPDE SOLAR 40: Maximum recommendend PV power [kW] 41,6
OPDE SOLAR 60: Maximum recommendend PV power [kW] 57,7
OPDE SOLAR 80: Maximum recommendend PV power [kW] 79,7
OPDE SOLAR 100: Maximum recommendend PV power [kW] 102,5
OPDE SOLAR 130: Maximum recommendend PV power [kW] 130,3
HW description: the heart of the photovoltaic cabinet is the Active Front End (AFE) converter.
Then, there are electromechanical and electrical components, the most significant are:
- interface protection: to control voltage and frequency of the grid in order to disconnect the inverter when voltage and frequency are not within the right range values;
- interface device: a contactor that safetly connect the inverter to the grid;
- transformer: mandatory for power above 20 kW and necessary with the AFE to decrease the minimum voltage of the Dc Bus;
- discharger: to protect the inverter from overvoltage due to lighting that can strike near the plant;
- insulation control device: control the insulation resistance of the photovoltaic field to the ground to keep the safety conditions;
- EMC filters
SW description: the SW has been develop in the on-board OPDE PLC under Texas platform.