PD30-E, PDTD60-2, PDTD90-2, PDTD120-2 and PDTD200-2
Partial Discharge measurements have traditionally been carried out in a noise free environment such as a Faraday Cage. In the past this made on site P.D. measurement impossible.
With the advent of modern electronics and digital filtering, it is now possible to effectively carry out Partial Discharge measurements in an electrical substation.
Today P.D. diagnostics provides the technician with a non-destructive means of evaluating the cable and the accessories. By locating these P.D. sites promptly, corrective measures can be taken before the cable fails thus avoiding power failures and customer minutes lost.
A new range of extremely easy-to-use Partial Discharge Devices and the new b2 Suite Software complements the cable diagnostics portfolio of b2 electronic GmbH.
P.D. Detection includes the following:
- PD discharge metering
- Phase position of discharges indicated
- Scope display - sine wave superimposed
- PD mapping - actual locations of partial discharges.
- Locates sites using TDR principles
- Voltage measurement circuit
The software will record:
- pC magnitude over time
- Plot the P.D. map (location)
- Plot the P.D. intensity
The following parameters are recorded:
- Calibration Pulse and End Detection (in accordance with IEC60270)
- Background Noise
- PDIV (Partial Discharge Inception Voltage)
- PDEV Partial Discharge Extinction Voltage
- Partial Discharge level at 1.7 U0
- Comprehensive Analysis and easy Reporting