Acoustic partial discharge measurements on power transformers are performed with the PDL 650. The PDL 650 records the measured values of multiple acoustic sensors spread over the transformer simultaneously. The software then calculates the fault location based on the time difference between the incoming signals. Finally, these coordinates are shown in a 3D model of the transformer.
For even more accurate results the acoustic PD-measurement can be combined with the MPD 600 and even with UHF measurements. This way the electrical partial discharge signals trigger the acoustic evaluation, making it easier to locate the PD failure.
- Manufacturing process of transformers
- Final acceptance test at transformer manufacturers
- Yearly maintenance of transformers
- Localizing failures prior to necessary repairs
- Significant time saving through fast localization of the fault
- Easy creation of reports and records
- Quick and easy to set up and transport from one location to another
- Easy to understand 3D view of the fault position
- Safe due to galvanic separation of operator from high-voltage