Based on the SRDEII, AER BFC has been assigned the following missions:
- To promote the new regional identity and foster incoming economic activities
- To act as the region's intermediary in driving the regional ecosystem in terms of economic development and innovation
- To contribute and enhance the development of sectors whether already structured or emerging
- To provide monitoring for strategic businesses
- To supply a geographical economic engineering service to meet EPCI needs
- To set up a developers centre in conjunction with actors already in the areas
These missions are implemented in relation with the network of 150 actors of economic development and innovation : chambers of commerce, local agencies, city councils, central government, etc.