What do we find in companies when we check the procurement of logistics and transport services?
- The customer in the company has no legal competence, in each case only purchasing competence and no transparency about the current framework conditions of the company.
- The areas deal with procurement and ordering processes.
- Purchasing is not always involved in the preparation of the system (specifications) and preselection of suppliers, as well as in the procedure.
- There is no corresponding procurement directive.
- The purchasing department has little to no influence on the supplier decision, quantity, general terms and conditions etc. of the divisions.
- Appointment monitoring and contract management (eg notice periods framework contracts) are often not a priority.
- The process sections are not consistently audit-proof (for example, auditors and customers may not be the same person).
- The orderer releases part of the invoice.
- Different definition of demand indicator, consumer; Orderer and auditor leads to incorrect interpretation of tasks and powers.
- The examination (quantity, quality, condition) and booking of the delivered goods is fundamental for the procurement process. It is the basis of the audit and recognition and is not fully executed.
- The own value limits of the invoice recognition are partially unknown to the employees.
- The signature permissions partially do not suit the departments. Outside the given procurement systems, there is no authorization check.
- Skonto loss due to excessively long retention periods during invoice verification.
By reorganizing the purchasing department into a strategic purchasing department, significant earnings effects can be achieved in the area of logistics services!