The SDT270 represents an evolution for PdM and Reliability professionals. Maintaining its position as the forerunner of innovation, SDT announces the next major step forward for ultrasonic condition based monitoring.
When the SDT270 was released in October 2010, it represented an evolution for PdM and Reliability professionals. It was the first ultrasound data collector to feature survey driven temperature, tachometer, on-board alarms and static/dynamic measurements powered by an onboard synchronous database.
Only two years later SDT builds on its success by adding vibration severity measurements to the SDT270. Your device combines now the 2 major technologies for mechanical inspections:
- Ultrasound measurement, the powerful solution for real time lubrication, early stage gear and bearing damage detection,
- Vibration measurement, the recognized solution in diagnosing generic machinery defects.
- However, SDT270 conserves its philosophy of:
- Maintaining simplicity for those who want it, with overall measurements (static mode)
- While providing sophistication for those who need it, with time and frequency waveform analysis (Dynamic mode).
Finally, by adding vibration measurement, the SDT270 is the most complete and competitive offer, covering a large panel of applications for PdM and energy savings. This is an exciting announcement for our company, our sales channel, and most importantly, our customer user base.
Note that the SDT270 meets the requirements set by ATEX for use in the most dangerous and potentially explosive atmospheres in the world. For the first time ever ultrasound inspectors working in intrinsically safe rated zones now have access to the unique and advanced features of the SDT270.