Energized PTFE seals offer extreme-temperature, high-pressure, chemically inert, static and dynamic seals for the most demanding applications. Our thin, flexible PTFE sealing jacket, made resilient by an internal energizing spring, applies a load to the sealing element at low pressures. As the system pressure increases, the spring engages to create a highly efficient seal against the mating surface. The spring provides permanent resilience to the seal jacket and compensates for jacket wear, hardware misalignment or eccentricity.
- PTFE compounds with almost universal chemical compatibility
- Stainless steel springs for corrosion resistance
- Wide temperature range -400°F to +600°F
- Static and dynamic applications
- Vacuum to 60,000 psi
- Can run dry or lubricated
- Low friction seals
- Sizes up to 60" diameter
Hydraulic actuators, aircraft engines, brake systems, chemical pumps, compressors, cryo coolers, food processing equipment, mechanical seals, oil field equipment, etc.