VOSS coat is the surface protection with which all standard products from VOSS Fluid are provided.
A total of three layers consisting of a zinc-nickel basic layer, a passivation and a sealing coat provide optimum corrosion protection for the whole component.
Important features are:
- Highest corrosion protection against red rust even after handling and assembly.
- The zinc-nickel basic layer has a several times higher corrosion resistance than zinc.
- White rust occurs only in the form of a slight grey coating, no bulky white corrosion degradation product (zinc oxide): "blooming".
- Occurrence of red rust (in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9227) > 720 h.
- The friction values remain unchanged compared with yellow chromating (A3C).
- The total coating thickness is 6-15 um.
- The zinc-nickel basic layer has a nickel content of 12-16%