PROFIBUS Lean Slave Controller ASIC
The VPCLS2 is a single-chip-solution for PROFIBUS-DP (EN50170) in the area of digital I/Os. There is no external micro-controller necessary. The VPCLS2 is pin- and function compatible with the existing LSPM2 circuit from Siemens.
- Protocol PROFIBUS-DP
- Asynchronous interface according to PROFIBUS-DP
- Maximum data transfer rate 12 Mbit/s
- Automatic recognition of data transfer rate
- 40 Bit I/O, 1 up to 3 Byte configurable as diagnostic inputs
- External shirft register or EEPRom for ID-number and station address
- Clock supply 48MHz
- Supply voltage 5V
- Pin- and function compatible with LSPM2 from Siemens
- Package PQFP80 (RoHS compliant)
The VPCLS2 handles all communication- and diagnosis-tasks of the PROFIBUS-DP slave protocol independently. No external micro-controller is required. All necessary timers and monitoring functions are implemented in the VPCLS2. Therefore this ASIC is optimally suited as single-chip-solution for digital I/Os.
The protocol is processed by the well-known DP-core of the VPC3+, which has been optimized especially for these tasks. As an interface to the application, there are 4 ports available, which may be configured as 32 Bit I/O's. An additional 5th 8 Bit-port acts as diagnosis-port. If necessary, I/O-ports C and D can be configured as additional diagnosis-ports, too.
Communication to the PROFIBUS-side happens asynchronously with up to 12 Mbit/s. Time-critical applications take advantage of the high transfer-rate and the complete hardware integration of the DP-protocol. The baud-rate is detected automatically by the chip. The communication is monitored by a watchdog-timer.