What is the name of your product?
endiio retrofit solution
What problem does your product solve?
Thanks to our solution, older plants and machines can be networked easily and non-invasively with sensors and their data can be analyzed without the need for complex modifications.This way, failures can be reduced even for older plants, costs can be reduced and maintenance processes can be automated.
What is new/innovative about it?
endiio has developed an IoT technology that can be operated maintenance-free (without power supply and cabling) and equipped with different sensors. The patented wireless technology is extremely safe and provides robust communication in the industrial environment, as well as the ability to build a high sensor density. So, thanks to the this very unique technology, central locations can communicate with the sensors in real time as needed. The sensors can be individually and easily retrofitted to system components and used for applications with high reaction time requirements. Suitability of the radio technology in the high voltage range.
What is the product’s main benefit for the customer?
Currently, maintenance is often carried out manually and on suspicion and is therefore very time intensive and costly. In a specific case, the manual testing of drive shafts at a paper producer takes almost 2-3 man months annually. Retrofitting the systems often fails due to feasibility, complexity, know-how and cost-effectiveness!
- • Reduction of maintenance costs, both personnel costs and spare parts through preventive monitoring. By switching from preventive maintenance to predictive maintenance, personnel or material costs can be quickly reduced by up to 30%, depending on the application.
- • At the same time, investment and development costs can be reduced by up to 60% with the endiio concept.
- • Reduce downtime by detecting trend changes and predicting potential risks. By reducing a single outage of up to 2 hours in paper production, costs of up to € 30,000 can be avoided.
Do you classify your product as a smart component? If so, why would you call your product “intelligent/smart”?
Since automated monitoring primarily generates more data and therefore also costs interpretation, endiio supplies not only data acquisition and visualization at the plant but also intelligent software packages that interpret the data and automatically generate recommendations. With a concept from the data training phase, data annotation, system-specific trend changes can be detected and predictions can be made during active operation. An example of this is an automatic priority list for condition assessment of drive shafts based on continuous measurements.
Are there any other important points that you can think of?
Evolution: With the concept of on-demand communication an intelligent exchange between software and sensor hardware can take place, which is hardly possible with existing technologies. Sensors can thus be used adaptively, such as
- Adaptive configurations of measuring cycles
- adaptation of measuring characteristics
- Query of sensor parameters
- Intelligent exchange between software algorithms and sensors
- Random communication to increase security