The Center for Additive Manufacturing at the Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences deals with application possibilities of innovative additive manufacturing (AM) processes in medical fields. Digitization along with 3D printing enables to reshape process chains in the manufacturing of medical products.
• Additive Manufacturing of both customizable orthotics and prosthetics.
• Cutting costs e.g. for dentures and simultaneous acceleration of manufacturing processes.
• Individual and yet prompt care of patients.
• Reducing the amount of waste produced by conventional manufacturing.
• Easy duplication and reproduction e.g. insole, denture; even after years.
• Simple exchange of 3D data.