HANNOVER MESSE 2019,
01 - 05 April
Hoesch Schwerter Profile
During the production of special profiles by hot rolling the input billet or slab is formed into lengths up to 70 m using two oppositely rotating cylindrical rolls. The products of this forming technique are used in a multitude of industrial applications. Hot rolled special profiles offer innovative solutions whether it be for automotive, materials handling or railroad use.
Hot rolled profiles are roller straightened and sheared into production lengths or sawn into fixed lengths according to customer wishes.
The advantages of hot rolled special profiles include, amongst others
- targeted strengthening of highly stressed areas of component parts
- best mechanical properties through uninterrupted grain orientation
- best shape properties and fitting accuracy through maintenance of the tightest tolerances
- circumscribed circle up to 220 mm Ø;
for flat shapes up to 320 mm wide
- minimum wall thickness 4 mm
- lengths up to 19,500 mm
cold sheared length ± 50 mm
fixed length (sawn) ± 1.5 mm
Weights per meter:
- minimum c. 7 kg/m
- maximum c. 80 kg/m
Cross sectional tolerances/Straighteness tolerances:
- 1.5 mm/m longitudinal camber
- 1° /m for twist, according to norms for comparable cross sections or by individual agreement
Forklift Mast Rails
- 1 mm/m for longitudinal camber
- 0.5°/m for twist or by agreement
- as rolled, shotblast, pickled and / or primer coated by prior agreement
- mild, carbon and alloy structural steels or customer-specific alloys
- treatments by agreement, e.g. stress-relieved annealing, soft annealing, normalizing, hardening and tempering
Italien Pavilion - CALVI
The process of cold drawing is a procedure by which the metal is formed in order to achieve complex profile cross sections of excellent precision. After careful ...
During hot extrusion a round steel billet is pre-heated and, after leaving the furnace, is pushed throuh a forming die into a profile bar using a ram with an extrusion ...