HANNOVER MESSE 2020,
20 - 24 April
• for fluid mechanics, electromagnetics, structural mechanics, acoustics, et al. - for uni-dimensional as well as for coupled phenomena
• highly efficient and accurate solutions of multi physical problems
• graphical user interface, easily adaptable with Python
• integrated high-quality visualization
• supports all popular platforms (Windows, MacOSX, Linux)
• free permissive license (LGPL) - ngsolve.org
• implementation of sophisticated physical models with coupled and/or nonlinear effects in highly efficient finite element software (using modern C++)
• parallel algorithms using cutting edge mathematical research
• support of TU Wien: integration into existing workflow and for simulations of difficult problem descriptions
• 25 years of experience in highly efficient mesh generation and finite element simulation
• successful mesh generator Netgen integrated in various modeling and simulation tools (FreeCAD, Salome, Z88, a.o.)
• utilization of NGSolve for example by SIEMENS (transformers), Schlumberger (sensors for drilling), Endress+Hauser (electromagnetic flow measurement), Toyota Central R&D Labs (shape optimization)
• first public presentation of NGSolve to representatives of industry
• first presentation at industrial fair - fair novelty
• at the edge of mathematical research
Target groups and use cases:
• industrial design-, development- and research- departments
• aerospace and automotive industry, electrical and mechanical engineering, process engineering and testing, sensor and measurement technology
Today, fiber composite materials play an important role in many industrial sectors – in the
automotive and shipbuilding industry, in the aerospace industry, or even in wind energy. These
materials are made of carbon or glass fibers; an epoxy resin is used as a binder to fix the fibers. They
have excellent material properties, but the production and curing of fiber composites is complicated
and expensive. Often, high temperatures and very large furnaces are needed for curing the
components, which may re...
No matter whether you want to simulate the crash test of a car or calculate the flow behavior of
gases – for almost every manufacturing company large, efficient computer simulations are
indispensable. Often, the finite element method is applied, an extremely powerful and versatile
calculation method. But complicated problems require perfectly programmed software. The
“NGSolve” program package is now available at TU Wien – a state-of-the-art tool in mathematical
research always applying the latest algor...
Our mobility must become environmentally friendly and CO2-neutral. There is no patent remedy and
this goal may only be achieved through a combination of many clever measures. At TU Wien,
research teams from a wide range of disciplines work on important innovations for a greener
mobility of the future – from improved electric motors and new materials to green fuels from
biogenic residues. At Hannover Messe, TU Wien presents its innovations to the trade public.
The planet motor: with integrated gear un...
• highly time- and energy-efficient curing technology
• environmentally friendly alternative to conventional resin systems
• one-pot-system: easy to work with, ...
• increased power density - up to 50% more power than conventional drives
• highest energy efficiency over the entire range of application
• extremely compact ...
• conversion of a broad range of biogenic and industrial residues to biofuels, electricity and heat
• flexible production of biofuels, hydrogen, and synthesis gas ...
• highly efficient, cost-effective, compact
• inexpensive materials
• easy to handle
• high cycle stability
• high energy density
For waste heat of 150°C ...
• non-contact measurement of velocity and concentration distributions across a flow section by means of a laser beam
• high-resolution recording of laminar and ...
• increase in process safety by omitting sensors and cabling liable to failure
• no maintenance needed
• suitable for high speed revolution
• reduction of costs ...
• sensorless control for drives of highest reliability
• lower costs in production and maintenance
• with reluctance motors: no need for rare-earth magnets, no ...