Flexible logistics with Toyota’s automated solutions
Automation in logistics is booming due to several reasons such as driver shortage, reducing operational costs and increasing efficiency. However, automated solutions may not be the answer for every logistics flow. It all comes down to eliminating unnecessary processes and adding value where it makes most sense. Toyota Material Handling can help you take the automation journey step by step, where man & AGV can complement each other.
Automating your material handling processes can seem complex, but often the material flow throughout your site is quite logic, regardless if it's a warehouse or a production site. With our systematic approach we can easily find common functions that can be identified as configurable modules for repetitive use. This is the Toyota way of working: separating repetitive flows from unique ones within the process.
Automated guided vehicles (AGVs) are ideal to use for your repetitive flows. Together we will identify the flows where automation will add the most value: creating a safer work environment, increasing productivity, reducing damage cost etc. When we have identified which flows to automate, lean thinking will help us eliminate waste, and standardise processes to make automation smoother.
Start with the step that brings most value for you. These are common processes to automate:
• Put-away: moving incoming goods to the material buffer
• Replenishment: feeding material to production
• Return handling: such as empty pallets, scrap
• Point-to-point transport: within the production areas
• Finished goods: taking finished goods to a temporary storage and then to the outbound area
By applying our Toyota values, we work together with every customer to determine their specific challenges, and to tackle them step by step through teamwork and respect. By breaking the process down into smaller modules, it is just a matter of putting the right pieces together to create the best solution for each customer.
- Independently-operating warehouse vehicles
- Other industrial vehicles for storage and retrieval
- Autonomous logistics systems, integrated logistics
- Electric industrial trucks, autonomous transport systems
The power of Connectivity
Radical Energy Design (RED)
Interested in news about exhibitors, top offers and trends in the industry?
Your web browser is outdated. Update your browser for more security, speed and optimal presentation of this page.Update Browser