HANNOVER MESSE 2020,
20 - 24 April
To an increasing extent innovative products are finished with a tailor-made surface design, for which the processes and surface composition have to be controlled down into the submicroscopic or atomic range. This is because adhesion, wettability, wear and corrosion are affected even by the smallest contaminations. Surface analysis at Fraunhofer IGB provides a wide range of highly specialized methods, procedures and types of equipment for damage analysis and quality control.
We characterize the following properties of surfaces and interfaces, e.g. ultra-thin layers, powders, particles and membranes:
• chemical characteristics (e.g. elemental surface composition)
• physical characteristics (specific surface, film/layer thickness, wettability)
• morphological characteristics (e.g. roughness and topography) and
• the antibacterial effect of surfaces
• biological properties such as biocompatibility, cell adhesion or the antimicrobial finishing
Sensors are indispensable for the control and optimal operation of processes, also in the context of industry 4.0 and increasing digitalization. The Fraunhofer IGB ...
To provide surfaces with new properties, Fraunhofer IGB especially applies plasma treatment technology. This way, we are able to etch surfaces, e.g. to clean them, ...