Let’s talk about… Female STEM Influencers
6 women in STEM worth following on social media.4 May 2023
Female influencers in the STEM-field are on the rise thus proving that women can be just as successful as men in the technology and science industries. We've compiled a list of female STEM influencers who serve as role models for young girls and women and whom you should definitely follow on social media.
1. Dr. Jess Wade - British physicist and STEM Influencer, has created over 1700 Wikipedia entries on women in science, is committed to getting more women into engineering and science, and stands against sexism in science.
2. Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson - Marine biologist and climate scientist who works to protect the environment and raises awareness about the effects of climate change on ocean life. She also created the Urban Ocean Lab initiative to involve marginalized communities in the conservation and use of marine resources.
3. Emily Calandrelli - U.S. former MIT-engineer and science journalist who focuses on making science and technology entertaining.
4. Simone Giertz - Swedish inventor and YouTuber who specializes in quirky and unconventional inventions, such as a robot that can make her breakfast.
5. Mayim Bialik - known from the sitcom "The Big Bang Theory", is a PhD neuroscientist and actively promotes STEM education and careers.
6. Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim - German science journalist and television presenter for ARD and ZDF, chemist and author. From 2016 until 2023 she ran the awarded YouTube channel maiLab which focused on all kinds of topics from natural sciences. She is also a member of the Senate of the Max Planck Society since June 2020.
Have fun browsing and discovering!
Interested in news about exhibitors, top offers and trends in the industry?
Your web browser is outdated. Update your browser for more security, speed and optimal presentation of this page.Update Browser